Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Introducing Bearful!

I have been eagerly anticipating sharing more information about my new CPB due out SOON...and now, here is the cover!  The illustrations by my dear friend, Marcie Ferron are amazing, aren't they?  Here is a little teaser to get you in the Bearful spirit!

Children will learn how to fly, gallop, slither and more with this rhythmic, rhyming tale about an inquisitive bear named Bearful who, while romping through the forest, meets many new animal friends who teach him to move in new ways.


Could a Bear like Bearful shake a new groove and learn to move like other animals in the forest? This is just what Bearful asks himself one regular day in the forest, and begins to request the help of his new friends. Each animal he encounters gives a short demonstration and describes the way it moves, and Bearful then has the opportunity to practice his new skill. These catchy how-to’s not only encourage movement by the reader, but also encourages language development and outright fun!  Could Bearful possibly swim like a fish or hop like a frog?  Read to find out!

7 comments:

  1. I love Bearful already, and can't wait to get my hands on this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Can't wait to hold a copy in my hands (signed, of course) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Marcie Ferron: I am so excited about illustrating this book, and love Bearful's sweet face. Bearful's sweet expressions were inspired by our grandson, Bryce. And by the way, whenever Bryce, who just turned two, sees my illustrations of Bearful Bear, he proclaims happily, "Gramma do dat!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a joyful cover!! I can't wait to open it and see more!
    Congratulations Anna and Marcie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis is amazing! I'm so proud of you, Anna! I can't wait to buy one for Selah! - Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna! I just received a review copy from NetGalley and read it with my four-year-old daughter. When I review children's books, she always helps me by telling me her opinions of the book too. I admit I can be a pretty tough critic sometimes, and my daughter and I don't always agree (sometimes I have to divide my reviews into "My Review" and "Magda's Review") but as I was reading the book with her, I noticed the most wonderful thing. I was already thinking about which things I liked and didn't like about the book, but Magda was busy showing me how she could gallop, roll, "swim" and "fly" just like the animals in the book! It turned into a book that inspired her to get up and show off her own moves, which I think is pretty darn cool. I'll send you the link when the review is ready!

    ReplyDelete