Monday, February 20, 2012

Top o' the Mornin' Smoothie


I love starting my day off as fresh and healthy as possible- especially on a Monday morning when I want to gear up for a busy week, but also so I am encouraged to stay on the healthy course all day!  I started making a new smoothie for breakfast to help finish the cleansing process of my body, which naturally occurs till about 10 am every day.  I want to give my body something that encourages this natural detox!   Here is my recipe for a delicious raw, make-your-skin-glow, green, top o' the mornin' smoothie!

Top O' The Mornin' Smoothie

Makes 1, 8-12 oz serving

juice of one grapefruit or orange
1 small banana
3 leaves of kale (or a loose cup of spinach)
optional- probiotic
optional- 1 tsp. organic flax seed oil

blend all ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds.  Pour, and enjoy the green factor!!!

Top o' the Mornin' to you, friend!!!
Anna

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy ... and a lot healthier than that Shamrock shake I had yesterday. Ha!

    A smoothie question for you ... what would be good to sweeten them with? Made one last week with strawberries I had put in the freezer, along with some milk and vanilla. But it was really tart. Needed a little sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janie!
    Ripe bananas are a great way to go! Also, if you have a ripe organge, that also sweetens it up. I agree that a strawberry smoothie is pretty tart, in which case, I'd add a banana, or honey.

    ReplyDelete