Thursday, October 11, 2012

"Quest for the Lost Treasure" Book Review!

I have a book review for all of the preschool to early elementary children out there!  Quest for the Lost Treasure by Gerry Gaston is available on Kindle today!


Quest for the Lost Treasure- A "Choose your own Path" Pirate Adventure!


I was excited when Gerry Gaston asked me to review his Juvenile adventure book because I myself have fond memories of the "choose your own adventure" genre.  I also knew my 5-year-old son, Noah would love the concept coupled with a cool treasure hunting theme!

Luckily, the story does not disappoint.  It is carefully laid out, easy to follow, and has enough twists and turns to keep things interesting!  My son loved the excitement of not knowing what would lie ahead and was truly thrilled when he made it to the end of the book and had actually chosen the right path that lead to the treasure.  The choices are simple so he was able to understand that the path he chose effected the outcome.  This is also what makes this book different from the traditional Choose your own adventure genre geared towards the older reader. We had fun going back through the story to see where the other choices took the story, too. 

You might be concerned that once you find the right path that leads to the treasure, your child won't be interested in reading it again, but the storyline and fun, cartoon-like illustrations make the book fun to enjoy again and again.  Actually, my son just jumped to the computer when he saw me upload the picture of the cover! 

If you are looking for a high quality, engaging and interactive story for your 4-8 year old to enjoy on your Kindle, I highly recommend this book, and give it 5 stars.  Here is the link on Amazon.com to order your copy today!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00959YHV0/ref=yml_dp

Love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment